- October 1, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Fix AOL Error Codes
AOL is one of the best email service providers where you can send free emails. Contrary to this the users may face various issues when using the services. One such problem is Error 116. AOL Error 116 mainly occurs when the system files configuration is changed. Or any malware program has deleted the system files. The users may mistakenly delete the files.
The Error 116 causes due to impaired Windows system files. The corrupt Windows system files may disturb the proper functioning of the computer. The corrupt system files may be caused due to several reasons.
- Firstly, the incomplete installation of the windows.
- Some applications or system files are mistakenly deleted.
- A malware or virus attack.
- The computer is not shut down properly.
- A corrupt registry may also result in AOL Error 116.
The missing system files affect the proper functioning of the Windows. Hence results in AOL error.
How to Fix AOL Error 116- Possible Solutions
Troubleshooting this error may be a very tricky process. You can try these steps to fix the issue.
Perform a Manual Restore
- Start your PC/Laptop device.
- Secondly, log in as the Administrator to gain access to make any type of changes on the system.
- Click on the Start button. Navigate to All Programs, Accessories.
- After that go to the system tools. After that select the System Restore.
- Select the nearest restore point before which your system was AOL error-free.
- Click on Next. And Confirm the restore.
- After the restoring process is finished, restart your computer.
This will restore the computer to a point when your computer was working properly. You can remove AOL Error 116 by following this process.
Perform Complete System Scan
Sometimes malware issues may result in AOL error. You can perform the full system scan and remove all the malware from the system. Delete all the suspicious files on your system.
Use Windows Repair Tool
Windows has a default repair tool for fixing issues. Go to the control panel and search the repair tool. After that start the repair process. Windows will automatically detect and remove the issues that are causing the problem.
Perform Boot in Safe Mode
You can boot your device in safe mode and check if the error persists. To boot in safe mode follow these steps.
- Go to the start menu and open the Run dialog box. Type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click on the Services tab and disable all Microsoft services.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
After this, you will not face AOL Error 116.
Related Post: How To Fix AOL Error Code 475?
AOL Customer Support Number +1-855-626-0142 Is Available 24×7
Troubleshooting AOL Error 116 may be very tricky and you may not be able to solve the issue by yourself. You can get our help to fix them. Besides discussing the solution, we also provide technical assistance to all your AOL related issues. You can contact AOL Customer Service and talk to the executives to know more on AOL related issues. You can connect the AOL customer support through call, email and online chat portal. They have an expert team who are always ready to help you. Despite the services, the charges are low and affordable. To fix your issues contact AOL Support.